All of your inquiries are displayed in your FlipKey dashboard. You can easily read and respond to inquiries at any time by simply signing in to your account and clicking on the Messages tab at the top of your dashboard.
On our Pay-Per-Booking plan, you are required to use FlipKey’s messaging platform to view messages and correspond with potential guests. Initial contact by phone or directly to your personal email address is not possible until after the booking is confirmed. This helps us ensure that all bookings are taken directly through FlipKey using our secure payment platform. Learn more about communicating on our Pay-Per-Booking platform.
All FlipKey owners/managers will receive an email notification for each new inquiry, so you don’t have to worry about missing bookings!
You can also sign up to receive SMS alerts each time you get an inquiry. This feature is only eligible on U.S and Canadian phones at this time.
Responding to inquiries
You can respond to inquiries directly from your FlipKey dashboard. Simply sign in to your account and click on the Messages tab at the top of your dashboard. All unread messages will be bold. Simply click on the message to view the inquiry details. A history of all inquiries will be available, along with the correspondence between you and the interested traveler.
To respond, click on the text box directly below the traveler’s message. Compose your response and then click Reply with Message Only. Your message will be sent to the traveler and you’ve successfully begun an email thread that will be visible in your FlipKey account at anytime.
Sending a payment request with each new inquiry greatly increases your booking conversion rate. To send a message with a payment request, simply compose your email and click Request Payment.
Converting inquiries to bookings
Check out the tips below to help you convert inquiries to bookings:
- Keep your listing complete and up to date. Make sure you have twenty or more photos, competitive rates, and reviews from past guests.
- Make it easy for guests to book your rental. Respond quickly to all inquiries and regularly update your calendar and rates to make booking easier and increase your ranking.
- Use all the available features in your account. Send payment requests through FlipKey payments, accept booking requests, and download our mobile app to respond to inquiries even faster.
Can I use different email addresses for each listing?
No, all of the properties in your account are tied to one email address and phone number for inquiries.
My reply to an inquiry was undeliverable. What can I do?
We provide you with all the information that has been submitted by a traveler inquiring about your property. Travelers submit an inquiry through our form-based system, and it is up to the traveler to make sure that their contact information is typed in correctly. A traveler may have typed in their contact information incorrectly or is using an invalid email address.
Why am I missing inquiry notifications? There is an inquiry in my dashboard that I didn’t receive a notification of via email.
To ensure that you are receiving all your email notifications, please check each of the following:
- Mark flipkey.com as a safe sender. Even after marking FlipKey as a safe-sender, it is important to occasionally check your SPAM folder.
- Search for any missing inquiry notifications in all folders of your email account (the spam folder is particularly important). The easiest way to search for this notification is to search for the following text "@messages.flipkey.com.
- Check your filter settings in your email account. If you stopped receiving inquiry notifications via email, check the filters in your email account to make sure that inquiries are not being forwarded elsewhere.
- Use your FlipKey account to receive and respond to leads. Sign in your account and go to the Messages tab. Click to open and read traveler emails and then respond using the open text box directly above the message.
- Try a new email address. If you continue to have problems receiving inquiry notifications by email, switch the inquiry email address on file. We recommend using an email provider such as Gmail to ensure successful delivery of notifications.
You can also sign up for free text message alerts, so that you receive a notification each time you receive a new inquiry or booking request.
Recognizing genuine inquiries
Although it is our goal to create a vacation rental site where both owners and travelers can rent confidently, it is important to take precautionary actions when securing a booking. We highly encourage using rental agreements and implementing safe payment methods.
While each of these individually does not represent a suspicious inquiry, it is important to be aware of the following:
- Inquiries with incorrect grammar, inaccurate spelling, or poor use of English
- Inquiries from someone requesting immediate payment, a last minute rental, or a booking paid using an insecure payment method such as a wire transfer
- Inquiries delivered only to an owner’s/manager’s email address, meaning they are not visible in your FlipKey account or messaging system
FlipKey Payments is a safe and secure booking tool for both you and your guests. You can easily submit a payment request to prospective guests directly through the dashboard in minutes.
How do I know how many inquiries I have received?
Learn more about how to track your views and leads.
How to edit your inquiry contact information and preferences
Sign in to your account at and click on Account. Click on Contact Settings and then Edit Inquiry Preferences. Set your preferences and click Save.
How do I set up a SMS alert for inquiries received?
Sign in to your account at and click on Account. Click on Contact Settings and then Edit Text Message Preferences. Set your preferences and click Save Changes. Only U.S and Canadian phones are eligible for SMS alerts.